2012-06-30– (China Military News by china-defense-mashup.com) The Remote Control Weapon Station is a state-of-the-art product of Norinco. It features low silhouette, easy mounting, convenient operation and excellent performance.
The RCWS can carry out day and night all-weather searching, aiming and firing against static or moving target while keeping the operator in protection.
The RCWS can be mounted on various wheeled and tracked vehicles as main weapon. It can be mounted on main battle tank as secondary weapon for urban operation. It can also be used on fast attack craft, patrol boats. It is an effective weapon for border surveillance, checkpoint and important facility defence as well.
- Control terminal can be arranged flexibly inside the vehicle.
- Accomodates various armaments Platform stabilization.
- High accuracy against static and moving targets.
- Automatic breech-opening function. Firing forbidden zone can be set on control terminal.
- Auto-tracking (optional).
- Length: 2000 mm
- Width: 820 mm
- Height (over roof): 600 mm
- Weight (outside vehicle): 260 kg
- Weight (inside vehicle): 20 kg
- 7.62mm, 12.7mm, 14.5mm MG or 40mm automatic grenade launcher
- 7.62mm MG with 600 rds or 12.7mm MG with 200 rds.
- 14.5mm MG with 150 rds, or 40mm grenade 30 rds.
Observation and sighting
- Day sight: dual-FOV colored CCD camera
- Night sight: uncooled thermal imaging camera
- Laser range finder: eye-safe
- Display: 10.4″ colored LCD
- Traverse: 360°
- Elevation: -5° to +60°
- High speed: traverse ≥45° / s, elevation ≥30° / s
- Low speed: traverse and elevation ≤0.015° / s
- Stabilization: yes
- Power supply: 24 V DC, 20 A